- Of Counsel
- Financial Institutions
- Business Organizations
- Commercial and Consumer Finance
- Foreclosures and Creditors Rights
- Lender Support
- Real Estate
W. Jeffery Fillmore has experience through many business cycles and enjoyed working with clients in the areas of real estate, financial institutions, commercial, real estate and consumer finance, and other business transactions.
In representing financial institutions Jeff’s work has included creating documents for and documenting commercial loans, real estate term and constructions loans and consumer finance, assisting in regulatory compliance and governance, financing and capitalization, loan enforcement, creditors rights and bankruptcy actions, foreclosures, workouts and restructurings, operational matters, and loss recoveries.
Jeff’s work in real estate has involved commercial and residential property purchases and sales, leasing, landlord and tenant issues, construction and term financing, development requirements, foreclosures, and creditor’s rights protections and enforcement. He has worked with owners and lenders on boundary issues and title insurance coverages and claims. In addition he has been local counsel for numerous transactions and loans for national and regional clients. Jeff has represented special service districts for foreclosures and enforcement of assessment liens.
For business clients, Jeff has handled entity and asset purchases and sales, lender and seller financing, entity formations, and agreements used in business operations.
Jeff coordinates and strategizes with clients and firm attorneys and with client’s in house counsel in litigation for his areas of practice.
- George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- University of Utah
- Major: Banking and Finance
- Technology Service Providers to Financial Institutions Are Now Subject to the Jurisdiction of the Utah Department of Financial Institutions
- Changes in Notice Requirements for Foreclosure of Residential Rental Properties
- Other Issues that Arise During the Transaction
- Truisms in Real Estate Transactions and Loans
- Five Real Estate Contract Items You Should Know
- Salt Lake Valley Habitat for Humanity – served as member and President of the Board of Directors and member of the Development Committee
- NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association) – member and served as President and member of Board of Directors of the Utah Chapter
- CCIM – member
- The Risk Management Association (RMA) Rocky Mountain Chapter – served as Program Chair and on the Board of Directors
- Family Counseling Center – served on Board of Directors
- Rotary Club of Holladay – served as President and on Board of Directors
- University of Utah Alumni Association – served on Board of Directors
- American Institute of Bankers – served as instructor in Law and Banking
- The Cottonwood Club – served as President and on Board of Directors
- Served as president and director of my condominium homeowners association
- Utah State Bar: Banking and Finance, served as Chair
- Utah State Bar: Real Estate
- Utah State Bar: Fee Arbitration, served as Chair
- Utah State Bar: Bankruptcy
- Utah State Bar: Community Associations
- Served on committees for Bar Examination, Fee Arbitration, serving as chair, dispute resolution, and environment
- American Bar Association